There are many ways to get financial assistance for college, from grants and employment to a wide variety of loans and scholarships. BSU provides a comprehensive array of aid options in addition to helping students and their families navigate the process of investigating and obtaining assistance from federal, state and private sources.
Our office is here to ensure you achieve your degree without spending a lot of time worrying about money. We also don’t want you to graduate with too much debt, so we will do our best to help you make the most responsible decisions possible.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- Priority deadline to apply for aid for 2015-16 (starting fall 2015) is March 31. This means the Financial Aid Office needs to receive your FAFSA results by that date in order to be considered for all aid programs.
- Be sure to complete the Summer Supplemental Form if you are needing aid for summer school.
- Financial Aid Disbursement for summer begins June 5.
- Last day to “accept” a Federal Direct Loan for summer is noon on July 30.
- Federal Pell Grant recipients must finalize all registration within the first 30 days of the semester. A student who withdraws from a course within the first 30 days of the semester will have their Pell award reduced to the adjusted level of enrollment.
- A completed FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processing Center within the first 30 days of the semester to be eligible for a Minnesota State Grant.
Contact Financial Aid
BSU Financial Aid Office
1500 Birchmont Dr NE, #14
Bemidji, MN 56601
Phone: (218) 755-2034
Toll Free: (877) 755-FAID
Fax: (218) 755-4361
If you have general financial aid questions you may send an e-mail message to email@example.com.