- Faculty timelines for 2018-2019 are located within the Faculty Resources page listed in the left hand panel.
- Department Chair – Director list for 2018-2019 are located within the Reporting Areas listed in the left hand panel.
An Educational Community
The office of Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs is central to sustaining the University’s efforts to create and sustain an educational community. Faculty and staff work with those in the Academic Affairs office to plan, coordinate, and implement policies and practices that enhance student learning.
The Academic Affairs office supports and facilitates BSU’s:
- Academic Colleges: College of Arts, Education & Humanities, College of Business, Mathematics and Sciences, College of Individual and Community Health.
- Academic planning, programming and assessment
- Selection, review and professional development of faculty
- Academic support services
- Center for Extended Learning
- Center for Professional Development
- Graduate Studies
- Institutional Research
- International Program Center
- Leadership Studies
- Liberal Education
- Library services
- McNair Program
- Teaching and Learning Center
- University Honors program
Bemidji State University is an undergraduate institution with specialized and distinct graduate programs where academic content and delivery of that content is grounded in the principles of social justice and democracy.
Academic Core Values
- Creative and critical thinking.
- Living democratic principles.
- Inclusion of students, staff, faculty and administrators in all aspects of university life.
- Highly interactive, relevant and engaging teaching and learning environments.
- Randy Westhoff, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (interim)
- Diane Backer, Executive Assistant
- Jenna Trisko, Grant Writer
- Debra Guelda, Center for Professional Development
- George McConnell, Graduate Studies
- Season Ellison, Honors
- Vacant, Institutional Research
- Patrick Liu, International Recruiting and International Program Center
- Tom Beech, International Studies Program
- Dennis Lunt and Virgil Bakken Leadership Program
- Kelli Stegall, McNair Program, TRIO/SS
- Season Ellison, Liberal Education