FALL 2023 Announcements
- Fall 2023 Academic Affairs Startup Schedule. Updated for Tuesday 8-15-23
- Subject to change. Activities, details and clarifications continue to be added. Please check back for updates.
- Faculty timelines for 2023-2024 are located within Faculty Resources.
- Department Chair – Director Reports List for 2023-2024, once updated, will be located within Reporting Areas.
- Addendum to the Course Caps Protocols as of 9-19-19 is located under Faculty Resources.
Our Educational Community
The office of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is central to sustaining the university’s efforts to create and sustain an educational community. Faculty and staff work with those in the Academic Affairs office to plan, coordinate and implement policies and practices that enhance student learning.
The Academic Affairs office supports and facilitates the following Colleges, Departments, Offices and Programs at BSU:
- Academic Colleges:
- College of Arts, Education & Humanities
- College of Business, Mathematics and Sciences
- College of Individual and Community Health.
- Academic planning, programming and assessment
- Selection, review and professional development of faculty
- Academic Support Services
- Center for Extended Learning
- Center for Professional Development
- Graduate Studies
- Institutional Research
- International Program Center
- Leadership Studies
- Liberal Education
- Library Services
- McNair Program
- Teaching and Learning Center
- University Honors program
Bemidji State University is an undergraduate institution with specialized and distinct graduate programs where academic content and delivery of that content is grounded in the principles of social justice and democracy.
Academic Core Values
- Creative and critical thinking.
- Living democratic principles.
- Inclusion of students, staff, faculty and administrators in all aspects of university life.
- Highly interactive, relevant and engaging teaching and learning environments.