BEMIDJI, Minn. — The honors program at Bemidji State University has announced the schedule for its spring 2009 Honors Council Lecture Series. The lecture series features members of the faculty and staff at Bemidji State lecturing on topics ranging from classic rock music to machines that walk.
The 2009 spring series features five lectures, begins on Feb. 11 and runs through April 29. The lectures begin at 7 p.m. and will be held in room 112 of Hagg-Sauer Hall on the Bemidji State campus.
2009 Spring Honors Lecture Series
* Feb. 11: “Perceptual Experience and Physical Theory,” David Lund
* Feb. 24: “The Road Less Traveled,” Donald Day
* March 24: “Walking Machines: A Short History of Legged, Mechanized Locomotion,” Vincent Vohnout
* April 15: “Don’t Stop Talkin’ ‘Bout Freedom: The Censorship of Rock Music in the 1960s and 1970s,” Michael Taylor
* Apri 29: “From the Tomb to the Cathedral: The Roots and Traditions of Orthodox Icon Painting,” Natalia Himmirska
For more information about the Honors Council Lecture Series, please contact the honors program at (218) 755-3984.