BEMIDJI, Minn. (April 30, 2010) — Eight faculty members with a combined total of 210 years of service to Bemidji State University will be named professors emeriti during the University’s 91st commencement excercises, Friday, May 7, at John Glas Fieldhouse.
Faculty who retire from the University with at least 15 years of service are eligible to receive emeriti status.
The group of 2010 emeriti are:
• Dr. David Lund, professor emeritus of philosophy; retiring after 36.5 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Daniel Gartrell, professor emeritus of education; retiring after 34 years at Bemidji State.
• Ivy Knoshaug, professor emerita of mathematics; retiring after 31 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Louise Jackson, professor emerita of psychology; retiring after 27 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Susan Rosselet, professor emerita of computer science; retired in Dec. 2009 after 26.5 years at Bemidji State.
• Cherry Brouwer, coordinator emerita of the Child Development Training Program; retiring after 20 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Nancy Michael, professor emerita of English and German; retiring after 20 years at Bemidji State.
• Susan Hauser, professor emerita of English; retiring after 15 years at Bemidji State.
Also during commencement, which begins with the traditional walk across campus at 1:25 p.m., approximately 800 students will be eligible to receive degrees.
For more information on commencement ceremonies at Bemidji State University, please contact the Records Office, located in Deputy Hall on the Bemidji State campus, at (218) 755-2020.