Faculty in Bemidji State University’s Department of Technology, Art and Design will be displaying their work in various media in the university’s Talley Gallery, beginning Jan. 14.
In addition to their work in the classroom, each member of BSU’s TAD faculty maintains an active role in the art community through exhibitions of their work, workshops and participation in professional and community organizations that promote art and design. The faculty show includes the work of:
- Butch Holden, professor of technology, art & design
- Natalia Himmirska, associate professor of technology, art & design
- David Towley, instructor of technology, art & design
- Tim Brockman, associate professor of technology, art & design
- Drew Graham, assistant professor of technology, art & design
- Bonnie Higgins, professor of technology, art & design
- Dennis Peterson, adjunct faculty in technology, art & design
- Steve Sundahl, associate professor of technology, art & design
- Sachel Josefson, assistant professor of technology, art & design
- Michael Lund, assistant professor of technology, art & design
These faculty members will be displaying work in a variety of media, including ceramics, painting, drawing, photography, computer graphics and woodworking.
“Although not all professors in the show teach art and design, they all believe in the creative process and the influence that creativity plays in any student’s development,” Laura Goliaszewski, Talley Gallery director, said.
The faculty show and all activities at the Talley Gallery are supported by student activity fees.
An opening reception for the faculty show will be held from noon-3 p.m. on Jan. 14.
About the Talley Gallery
Located in Bridgeman Hall room 140 on the campus of Bemidji State University, the Talley Gallery is barrier-free and open at no charge to the public. The gallery is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Laura Goliaszewski, Talley Gallery director; (218) 755-3708, email@example.com
Bemidji State University, located in northern Minnesota’s lake district, occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. Enrolling nearly 5,000 students, Bemidji State offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and 11 graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. University signature themes include environmental stewardship, civic engagement and global and multi-cultural understanding.