New Hires & Appointments
New hires and transfers at Bemidji State University since Dec. 11, 2017:
- Chelsey Crotty has joined the Center for Extended Learning as a transfer enrollment adviser.
- Tammy Erickson has joined the Department of Nursing’s Niganawenimaanaanig Program as grant coordinator.
- Kim Gorneau has joined Records and Registration as registrar.
- Julian Licata has joined the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness as institutional director
- Nicholas Lowery has joined the College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology as an office and administrative specialist.
- David Newman has joined the TRIO program as an Upward Bound academic adviser.
- Sylvia Olney has joined the Advising Success Center as accommodations and advising coordinator.
- Ching Ching Olson has joined the Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence as a program specialist.
- Cornelia Santos has joined the Department of Environmental Studies as an assistant professor.
- Donovan Sather has joined the Department of Nursing’s Niganawenimaanaanig Program as program student mentor.
- Natasha Vande Kamp has joined the Department of Biology as a lab supervisor.
- Amanda Wick has joined the College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology and the Division of Academic Affairs as a research analyst.
- Brian Xiong has joined the Center for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as center coordinator.
Faculty & Staff Achievements
- Andy Bartlett, associate director of communications and marketing, is BSU’s nominee for this year’s Minnesota State Board of Trustees Award for Excellence in University Service. He will attend the board’s luncheon ceremony, April 18 in St. Paul, with nominees from the system’s six other state universities, where the winner of the award will be announced.
- Dr. William “Bill” Scheela, professor emeritus of business administration, has received a grant from the China Europe International Business School in Shanghai to study investment strategies of foreign venture-capital funds in China. His research will include field studies in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen and Hong Kong.
He also presented at two conferences in November: “Business Angel Investing in Vietnam: An Exploratory Study” Nov. 3, 2017, at the Business and Management: Framing Compliance and Dynamics international conference in Hanoi, Vietnam; and “Formal and Informal Venture Capital in Emerging Economies in Southeast Asia” Nov. 7, 2017, at the Attracting Angel Investment for Start-up Development: International and Vietnam Experience conference, also in Hanoi.