“The Main”

Architectural plans and sketches for Bemidji State Normal School’s first building, called “The Main,” were approved in 1917, and crews began clearing ground for construction on April 3, 1918. This photo of the building was taken in 1920.

Today, “The Main” is called Deputy Hall and serves as Bemidji State University’s primary administrative building and home to the Department of Integrated Media.