The Department of Music will host a wind ensemble concert on Oct. 28. The performance will begin at 3 p.m. in the Main Theater of the Bangsberg Fine Arts Complex. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for seniors. Bemidji State students can attend for free with a valid ID.
The setlist for the concert includes:
- “The Gallant Seventh”, composed by John Philip Sousa
- “Danzon”, composed by Leonard Bernstein
- “Hobbits”, from “The Lord of the Rings”, composed by Johan De Meij
- “Sleep”, composed by Eric Whitacre
- “Folk Song Suite”, composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- “Silence Overwhelmed”, composed by Brian Balmages
- “Chorale & Alleluia”, composed by Howard Hanson
- “Pas Redoublé”, composed by Camille Saint-Saens
The ensemble will be honoring the memory of Faithlyn VanBruggen, former flutist with the Wind Ensemble, who passed away in the summer of 2018.
About Wind Ensemble
The Wind Ensemble is a non-audition student ensemble group directed by Scott Guidry, assistant professor of music. This ensemble is open to all BSU students and rehearses three days per week. In addition to regularly programmed campus concerts, the Wind Ensemble hosts the Bemidji State University Honor Band, an annual band festival for many of the top high school musicians Minnesota. The ensemble takes an annual band tour with its concerts performed at many of the major high school music programs in the area. Recent tours include performances in Winnipeg and Minneapolis.
- BSU Department of Music, Laura Holm, office manager: (218) 755-2915, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bemidji State University, located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota, occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. Enrolling more than 5,100 students, Bemidji State offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. The university’s Shared Fundamental Values include environmental stewardship, civic engagement and international and multicultural understanding. For more, visit bemidjistate.edu or find us at BemidjiState on most of your favorite social media networks