Bemidji State University students presented their research through a combination of poster and oral presentations at the Undergraduate Scholars Conference held at St. Cloud State University on March 25.
- Dave-Preston Esoe, a senior from Bemidji, Minn. majoring in pre-pharmacy, presented “Purification of Palmitoyl Protein Thioesterases and Acyl Protein Thioesterases for Use in In-Vitro Depalmitoylation Reactions.”
- Brad Morris, a senior from Morristown, Minn. studying aquatic biology, and Ali Chalberg, a senior from Mahtowa, Minn. also studying aquatic biology, presented “Amphipod Density and Correlation with Macro-invertebrates in the Minnesota Prairie Pothole Region.”
- Ashley Stiglich, a senior from Hibbing, Minn. studying biology, presented “Characterization of Pseudomonas
- Mattie Osborn, a senior from Bemidji, Minn. studying wildlife biology, and Nikki Shaw, a senior from
Embarrrass, Minn. majoring in aquatic biology, presented “Water Uptake Capabilities of Sphagnum Moss.”
- Zachary Baker, a senior from Bemidji, Minn. majoring in chemistry, presented “Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide with Coumarin-based Fluorescent Probes. “
- Jon Barcenas, a senior from Bemidji, Minn. studying project management, and Aili Kultala, a senior from Stacy, Minn. majoring in environmental studies, presented “Improving the Quality of Landfill Waste.”
Osborn and Shaw received a second place award for their poster presentation and Baker received a second place award for his oral presentation.
- Dr. Mahmoud Al-Odeh, associate professor of technology, art and design and conference director; (218) 755-4223, mahmoud.Al-Odeh@bemidjistate.edu
Bemidji State University, located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota, occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. Enrolling more than 5,100 students, Bemidji State offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. The university’s Shared Fundamental Values include environmental stewardship, civic engagement and international and multicultural understanding. For more, visit bemidjistate.edu or find us at BemidjiState on most of your favorite social media networks.