Bemidji State University will join other Minnesota State colleges and universities in celebrating College Knowledge Month by waiving application fees during the month of October.
College Knowledge Month is a statewide effort to provide graduating high school seniors, especially underrepresented students, the opportunity to apply to college without the barrier of an application fee. High schools and postsecondary institutions work together to engage, inform and support students as they enter into the college application process.
“With more than 3,800 extraordinary academic programs delivered in-person, online, or in hybrid mode, our colleges and universities offer the most affordable and accessible higher education options in the state,” said Devinder Malhotra, chancellor of Minnesota State. “We are very pleased to extend this offer and encourage students to take the next step towards their higher education goals.”
Students and schools can share their College Knowledge Month stories on social media by using the hashtags: #MNGoesToCollege #IAppliedMN. Students are encouraged to tag #MinnState and #BemidjiState in social media posts as well.
College Knowledge Month is a period in which colleges and universities across the state waive application fees. This year, all Minnesota State colleges and universities are waiving their application fees for the week of Oct. 25 – 31. Some colleges and universities are waiving their application fees for the entire month of October, while others, including Bemidji State, never charge an application fee.
Application fees for qualified low-income students are always waived at all Minnesota State colleges and universities.
Minnesota State includes 30 community and technical colleges and seven state universities serving approximately 375,000 students. It is the fourth-largest system of two-year colleges and four-year universities in the United States.
Why Choose BSU?
- BSU offers more than 70 degrees and pre-professional programs, many that are customizable to fit personal interests and talents.
- Located on Lake Bemidji, BSU is a small, easy to navigate campus. Students don’t have to worry about racing across campus to get to class on time.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 20:1, making it easier for students to get involved.
- We are committed to environmental stewardship, community service and global understanding. Located on the western shore of Lake Bemidji, our north woods campus reminds us daily of the need to be in tune with our world.
- More than 80% of students receive financial aid. There are also many on-campus student employment opportunities.
- Underground tunnels connect nearly every building on campus, making the winter months not only warm, but manageable. Shorts and flip-flops, year round.
- Bemidji State introduces students to the beauty of our wilderness setting — the Minnesota north woods, a vast stretch of forests, wetlands and glacial lakes clustered around the Mississippi River’s headwaters.
- Our Honors Program includes special on-campus housing
- American Indian Resource Center serving the campus and surrounding communities with outreach and educational programs
- Office of Admissions
- Schedule a Visit
- Minnesota State system of colleges and universities
- College Knowledge Month
- Apply now