Ensure adequate resources to achieve university goals by increasing engagement and philanthropic support
Passionate about its role in shaping lives, Bemidji State University is embarking on a fundraising campaign that ensures its longevity, sharpens its educational focus, enriches its learning environment, and boosts its distinctiveness.
Goals & Initiatives
1. Develop a comprehensive alumni engagement program that encourages and supports the meaningful involvement and financial support among our alumni, students, the university and its friends.
- Develop programs and services that align with and advance the goals and initiatives outlined in the university’s strategic plan.
- Build partnerships with academic, athletic, student affairs, service and other departments as well as individual faculty, staff and volunteers that will result in unique, relevant and accessible programs that add value to the BSU alumni experience and increase alumni engagement regardless of courses taken or the delivery methods of study.
- Foster school pride through events on campus, throughout the mid-west the United States, and internationally, when appropriate. Develop volunteer opportunities to engage individuals and groups to assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of alumni social, events, programs and services.
- Increase alumni-student engagement through Student Alumni Association outreach, innovation and cooperation with other campus entities.
- Promote a culture where every Bemidji State University Alumni Association (BSUAA) employee, student, volunteer and partner understands and advances the BSUAA and BSU brand missions.
- Promote alumni participation in and support for BSU Foundation’s Lakeside fund.
- Increase opportunities for alumni to communicate with the university and each other through traditional, electronic, social and emerging media.
2. Imagine Tomorrow Campaign
- Leadership for the future
- Endowed and annually funded scholarships designed to increase access for financially challenged and first-generation students
- Funding for STEM programming (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Endowed and annually funded merit scholarships designed for high-performing students in all disciplines offered at BSU
- Increased support for student athletes at Bemidji State, enabling our teams to be competitive within their conferences
- Funding for Native American and diversity programs
- Overall Campaign Financial Goal – $35 Million Campaign
- First Emphasis: $20 Million for student scholarships
- Second Emphasis: $10 Million for academic programs
- Third Emphasis: $5 Million for annual support