There is a hierarchy of documents that the Senate follows, starting with the Student Association Constitution.
The Student Association Constitution is the official governing document of the BSUSA Student Senate. The Constitution has precedence over the bylaws, which have precedence over bills. Bills will have precedence over resolutions.
Structural changes specified by the Constitution shall be completely implemented by the following elected administration. Once approved, the Constitution may not be changed except by the process of amendment described in Article XIV or the passing of a new Constitution.
The bylaws specify the following
- Composition of Student Senate
- Attendance policy for Student Senate
- Elections for Student Senate
- Committees of Student Senate
- Appointment to Vacancies in Student Senate
- Special Presidential Elections for Student Senate