Do you struggle with knowing where to start on a paper? Do you need help with transitions, paragraph development or citations? Look no further than the Writing Resource Center, located in Room 326 at the A.C. Clark Library, or meet with a tutor online!
Fall 2023 Hours (starting on September 5)
Monday – Thursday: 9.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: A.C. Clark Library, Room 326
Phone: (218) 755-3919
Note: The WRC is not open when classes are not in session (e.g., Faculty Duty Days and holidays recognized by BSU).
Writing Resource Center Services
Our Writing Resource Center is the perfect place to work on your writing one-on-one with a trained writing consultant. Our consultants focus on feedback rather than correction to help you develop as a writer and student.
First, consultants focus on writing issues that impact meaning the most, such as:
- generating ideas
- developing thesis statements
- focusing arguments
- organizing ideas
Once these areas are addressed, consultants can help you:
- polish and revise your writing
- organize sources
- cite sources
Our writing consultants are here to help BSU students at any point in their writing process, with writing from any class. In fact, BSU students can bring any piece of writing, from class work to personal statements and even letters home.
Come see us today, and let us help you become a better writer! Schedule your appointment or drop in!
Consultations Offered In-Person and Online
Can’t make it to the Writing Resource Center in person? No worries! The Online Writing Resource Center (OWRC) operates as a synchronous online center. Synchronous means that the writer and consultant will meet online at the same time to work. Online appointments can be either 30 or 50 minutes long.
- Go to the scheduling site
- Register for an account (if you don’t have one)
- Log in with your email and new password
- Click any white block on the schedule to make an appointment
- For online appointments, select: “Yes. Schedule Online appointment.”
- For in-person appointments, select: “No. Schedule Face-to-Face appointment.”
To Start an Online Consultation
- Log back into our scheduler a few minutes before your appointment.
- Click on your appointment box and click “Start or Join Online Consultation.”
Dr. Prabin Lama
Department of English
1500 Birchmont Drive NE #16
Bemidji, MN 56601-2699