The WRC is located in A.C. Clark Library 326. You can drop in, or you can make an appointment to meet face-to-face or online. You can meet with a consultant for 25 – 55 minutes, depending on how busy we are. If you would like to ensure a full 55-minute session, please make an appointment online or at the center.
- How to Approach Common Types of Writing Assignments
- General Writing Resources & Guidelines
- Become a Writing Consultant
How to Prepare for Your Consultation
When you come to the center, your meeting will consist of a conversation about what you would like to do with your writing. The writing consultant will then provide feedback based off said conversation. How your writing develops will reflect based on the choices you make about it.
There are some things you can do to prepare for this conversation with the writing consultant.
- Review your assignment and any work you have done so far (and bring them with you).
- Know your goal for the session:
- Do you need to generate ideas?
- Does your work meet the assignment?
- Do you need to work on thesis development and organization?
- Are you ready to work on sentence-level issues?
- Mark sections of the draft where you have questions or concerns.
- Be ready to do your own work. Writing consultants cannot write, proofread or correct your paper for you. They are here to help you do that work yourself.