The purposes of the Communication Scholars Society are:
1. To recognize, foster and reward outstanding achievement;
2. To stimulate interest in the field of communication;
3. To provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication;
4. To promote and encourage professional development among communication students;
5. To establish and maintain close relationships and mutual understanding between faculty and students;
6. To explore options for further study. The CSS will encourage and support participation in national, regional and state professional association conventions; recognize outstanding undergraduate scholarship with awards or prizes; recognize outstanding faculty contributions in undergraduate teaching, program advising or chapter advising.