Your Rights as a Transfer Student
- You are to receive a clear, understandable statement of an institution’s transfer policies.
- You are entitled to a fair credit review and an explanation regarding any credits not accepted.
- You are entitled to receive a copy of the institution’s formal appeals process.
- Upon your request, you may receive a review of eligibility for financial aid and/or scholarship(s).
Process for Determining Transfer Course Equivalency
- Download the Substitute/Transfer Course Equivalency form.
- Return the completed form to the Records Office. Consideration of your request may require additional information including a course syllabus, course description, outlines, reading list, text(s) used, etc., if not previously supplied.
- The academic department will review the course equivalency request.
- You will receive a written explanation of the outcome of the request including the rationale for the decision.
- If you are unsatisfied with the decision, you may appeal to the dean of the appropriate college. This second appeal should include the letter from the committee and your rationale for further consideration. The Dean will provide a decision, in writing, explaining the rationale for his or her decision.
- If you are unsatisfied with the Dean’s decision, you have the right to appeal to the Senior Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs of the Minnesota State Colleges and University System. See Part 7, Subpart B for MnSCU’s System Level Appeals Process.
The Associate Director of Transfer Enrollment can assist if you have questions about this process. Contact Bonner Karger at 218-755-2174 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.