All faculty and staff of Bemidji State University are employees of the State of Minnesota. Employment positions with the university generally fall into two categories: unclassified (such as faculty, deans, directors of programs and vice presidents) and classified service positions (such as technical professionals, office and administrative specialists and maintenance workers).
Employment Opportunities at Bemidji State University
Unclassified Positions – Faculty, Staff and Administrator Positions
- Financial Aid Director Job ID 2022-053-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Communication Studies Job ID 2022-052-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Criminal Justice: Police Science and Leadership (#2 of 2) Job ID 2022-048-BSU
- Instructor or Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science Job ID 2022-049-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science Job ID 2022-046-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting Job ID 2022-045-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Geology Job ID 2022-044-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Administration Job ID 2022-036-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Criminal Justice: Police Science and Leadership (#1 of 2) Job ID 2022-034-BSU
- Assistant Professor of English: English Education Job ID 2022-031-BSU
- Assistant Professor of Social Work Job ID 2022-033-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing Job ID 2022-030-BSU
- Assistant Professor of Human Performance, Sport and Health: Exercise Science Job ID 2022-029-BSU
- Assistant Professor of Sociology Job ID 2022-028-BSU
- Dean of the College of Individual & Community Health Job ID 2022-027-BSU
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Indigenous Studies Job ID 2022-026-BSU
Classified Positions – Maintenance, Clerical, Technical and Professional Positions
- Painter Job ID 52288
- Facilities Building & Maintenance Supervisor Job ID 52117
- Human Resources Specialist Job ID 52119
- Human Resources Generalist Job ID 51923
How to apply
Click the Job ID link above for details regarding the position and application instructions. You will then be instructed to apply online using either the BSU People Admin portal at https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/ or the Minnesota Management and Budget website at http://mn.gov/careers (using the Job ID listed above).
Submitting a Bid – Current Bemidji State University Employees
Classified positions are posted for internal bidding on campus per collective bargaining agreements.
(AFSCME-MMA) To be eligible to bid, an employee must have the same classification designation as the vacancy and must currently have either a different shift, a different work area, or a different employment condition. Please complete the Bid Application and return to Human Resources.
(MAPE) Permanent non-probationary classified employees in the seniority unit in the same classification/class option may interest bid on the filling of such vacancy by submitting a written bid.