Minnesota State offers tuition waiver benefits to most employees, their spouses and dependents based on criteria provided in the various union contracts or salary plans. The waiver covers the cost of tuition and, in some cases, course fees. Please refer to you specific bargaining contract / plan for eligibility and benefit details. Also see “Resources” below for more information.
How to Login
- You will be asked for the following:
Login ID: This is your STAR ID
Password: The personal password that you created when activating your STAR ID. (STAR ID Help!)
Things To Remember
- DEADLINE: 10 DAYS AFTER THE START OF THE CLASS
If no class date is specified (e.g. Independent Study), deadline is 10 days after the start of the respective semester/session.
- Please be aware of Student Financial Service’s Important Dates to avoid having classes dropped for non-payment. (e.g. If classes are registered for but tuition waiver has not been filed for by Early Registration Guarantee Date, classes will get dropped.)
- Always click on ‘Logout’ (in the upper right corner) to ensure that no one else can access your records.
- PLEASE Check back in the Tuition Waiver System to see when/if the waiver is processed by HR. You will NOT receive a confirmation or notice of denial. It is the responsibility of the employee to check.
- Make sure you or your dependent checks their billing information to make sure the tuition waiver gets processed in a timely manner.
If you are a user of the ISRS faculty web portal or eTimesheet, you will use the same StarID and password to gain access to the Tuition Waiver (TW) system. If you have not yet activated your StarID, please go to the StarID site.
- Tuition Waiver Quick Reference Guide (Employee)
- Notice of Employer-Provided Educational Assistance
- Tuition Waiver Matrix