Complaints and Grievances

This grievance process shall apply to situations where a student has followed the established procedures to request accommodations on the basis of disability and the request has been denied or otherwise not provided.

  1. Written or emailed complaints should be filed within 30 days of the date the incident occurred with the Accessibility Services Office.
  2. If an agreeable informal resolution is not reached, the student may file a complaint under the Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination in Employment and Education Policy to the Center for Civil Rights.
  3. A student may also file a complaint directly with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, by calling 800-421-3481 (Voice) 800-877-8339 (TTY) or the Minnesota Department of Human Rights by calling 800-657-3704 (Voice) or 800-627-3529 (MRS/TTY). The Statute of Limitations for filing a complaint with OCR is 180 days from the time the incident occurred.