Get the 4 year degree you want.
Thinking of transferring? BSU welcomes students who have completed previous credits! You can apply online by clicking here.
**Note: Official transcripts are required from any and all previous post-secondary institutions you have attended. If you have attended a MnSCU institution (click here for list of MnSCU schools), your official transcript can be obtained electronically. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0. If you have less than 24 post-secondary credits, please request an official high school transcript along with official transcript(s) from the school you are currently attending or schools you have previously attended. In addition you must send the electronic score report of your ACT, if you are transferring with less than 24 credits and have graduated from high school less than 2 years from the semester of intended enrollment.
How Courses Transfer:
Questions concerning transfer equivalencies from your existing college? Once you are accepted at BSU, you will receive an official transfer evaluation. But, if you want a sneak peak on how your classes will transfer in, visit u.select and find the classes that fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and possibly into your major. It's easy!
Step 1: Enter Minnesota & Bemidji State University
Step 2: Select the state of the school you have taken courses
Step 3: Check mark the school you have taken courses at
Step 4: Click "Add School & then click "Create Guide"
Courses to Transfer to Your Major:
If equivalencies are not listed for your courses, contact the chair of your intended major department. You will need a Substitute/Course Equivalency form, click here to download. Click here to search BSU departments.
- Transferrable credits are accepted from regionally accredited institutions. Credit earned at a non-regionally accredited institution may be evaluated if courses contain similar content to courses offered at BSU.
- Military credits will be evaluated using American Council on Education recommendations.
- 'D' grades are accepted in transfer. A 2.0 MnTC GPA is required for recognition of a student's completed of the entire Minnesota Transfer Curriculum with or without completing an associates degree
- Courses considered developmental and/or remedial (typically numbered less than 100/1000) will not transfer.
- Technical college credits will transfer up to a block of 16 credits unless part of an articulated program; additional credits may then be granted
- CLEP or AP credits? Click here to see how your CLEP or AP credits work for you at BSU. Or, for more information on CLEP click here
For additional information regarding CLEP, AP or IB credits, please visit: http://www.mntransfer.org/students/plan/s_prior.php
For information regarding Credit for Prior Learning, please visit http://www.cplresourcecenter.project.mnscu.edu/
For Transfer Appeals information, click here.
For BSU's formal Transfer Policy, click here.
Your Degree Audit Report (DARS) will show you both your transferred in course work as well as your BSU course work. This tool is designed to show you your declared major requirements. For more information, see the Advising Success Center
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
BSU Liberal Education Guidelines
BSU Course Outlines