Get the 4 year degree you want.
Thinking of transferring? BSU welcomes students who have completed previous credits! You can apply online by clicking here.
**Note: Official transcripts are required from all previous post-secondary institutions you have attended. If you have attended a MnSCU institution , your official transcripts can be obtained electronically by BSU. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Click here for list of MnSCU schools
Cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 and a minimum of 24 completed post-secondary credits
If you have less than 24 post-secondary credits, the following materials are required:
- Official high school transcript
- Official post-secondary transcript(s)
- Official ACT score report (if high school graduation date was within 2 years)
How Courses Transfer:
Once you are accepted at BSU, you will receive an official transfer evaluation. If you want a sneak peak on how your classes will transfer in, visit u.select and find the classes that fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and possibly into your major.
Step 1: Enter Minnesota & Bemidji State University
Step 2: Select the state of the school you have taken courses
Step 3: Check mark the school you have taken courses at
Step 4: Click "Add School & then click "Create Guide"
How Courses to Transfer into Your Major:
If equivalencies are not listed for your courses in your intended major, you may fill out and submit a Substitute/Transfer Equivalency form. Click here to download the form.
- Transferrable credits are accepted from regionally accredited institutions.
- Military credits will be evaluated using American Council on Education recommendations.
- Developmental and/or remedial credits (typically numbered less than 100/1000) will not transfer.
- Technical college credits will transfer up to a block of 16 credits unless part of an articulated program.
- CLEP, AP, IB credits? Click here to see how your CLEP, AP, and IB credits will transfer.
For additional information regarding CLEP, AP or IB credits, please visit: http://www.mntransfer.org/students/plan/s_prior.php
For Transfer Appeals information, click here.
For BSU's formal Transfer Policy, click here.
Your Degree Audit Report (DARS) will show you both your transferred in course work as well as your BSU course work. This tool is designed to show you your declared major requirements. For more information, see the Advising Success Center