Feel free to contact Brett with your questions related to transferring to BSU. With years of experience working in admissions, Brett is uniquely equipped to help transfer students with understanding how to navigate the transfer process.
Get the 4 year degree you want.
Apply Today! Click here.
**Note: Official transcripts are required from all previous post-secondary institutions you have attended. If you have attended a MnSCU institution , your official transcripts can be obtained electronically by BSU. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Click here for list of MnSCU schools
Cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 and a minimum of 24 completed post-secondary credits
If you have less than 24 post-secondary credits, the following materials are required:
- Official high school transcript
- Official post-secondary transcript(s)
- Official ACT score report (if high school graduation date was within 2 years)
How Courses Transfer:
Once you are accepted at BSU, you will receive an official transfer evaluation. If you want a sneak peak on how your classes will transfer in, visit Transferology and find the classes that fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and possibly into your major.
Step 1: Enter Minnesota & Bemidji State University
Step 2: Select the state of the school you have taken courses
Step 3: Check mark the school you have taken courses at
Step 4: Click "Add School & then click "Create Guide"
How Courses Transfer into Your Major:
After you have been accepted to the university, you will be emailed a transfer evaluation of your credits. This evaluation will show how your credits/courses transfer into BSU's liberal education curriculum. The evaluation will also show equivalent courses in your intended major. If equivalencies are not listed for your courses in your intended major, you may fill out and submit a Substitute/Transfer Equivalency form. Click here to download the form.
- Transferrable credits are accepted from regionally accredited institutions.
- Military credits will be evaluated using American Council on Education recommendations. For additional information on military credits, click here.
- Developmental and/or remedial credits (typically numbered less than 100/1000) will not transfer.
- Technical college credits will transfer up to a block of 16 credits unless part of an articulated program.
- CLEP, AP, IB credits? Click here to see how your CLEP, AP, and IB credits will transfer.
- DSST/DANTES Exams. Click here for more information.
- Visit Transferology to see how these courses fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum or possibly within your major.
For additional MnSCU information regarding CLEP, AP or IB credits, click here.
For Transfer Appeals information, click here.
For BSU's formal Credit Transfer Policy, click here.
For MnSCU's Transfer Action Plan, click here.
For MnSCU's Transfer Rights & Responsibilities Policy (3.39), click here.