Bemidji State University recognized 72 employees with a combined 1,040 years of service to the University during its fifth annual Length of Service Awards ceremony, held Thursday, April 26, in the Beaux Arts Ballroom on campus.
• 35 YEARS — Valerie Mason, office and administrative specialist, Office of Communications and Marketing; Roger Paskvan, associate professor of mass communication; Dr. James Rafferty, professor of psychology.
• 30 YEARS — Dr. Fu-Hsian Chang, professor of environmental, Earth and space studies; Dr. Nancy Erickson, professor of German; Jean Lanners, office and administrative specialist, Division of Finance and Administration; Richard Marsolek, coordinator of environmental health and safety; Dr. Karl Salscheider, professor of human performance, sport and health; Jon Utley, grounds and roads maintenance coordinator.
• 25 YEARS — Gwen Bailey, assistant director of financial aid; Chris Brown, assistant professor of mathematics and computer science; Barbara Eriksson-Capes, director of the Student Center for Health and Counseling; Belinda Lindell, director of procurement and logistics; Richard Moen, building maintenance foreman; Dr. Michael Morgan, professor of English; Dr. Kathryn Smith, professor of professional education; Danny Statton, facilities services supervisor; Rita Vincent, central service administrative specialist, Central Receiving.
• 20 YEARS — Dr. Patrick Donnay, professor of political science; Kierstin Hoven, director of campus recreation.
• 15 YEARS — Melissa Arneson, tech support analyst, Information Technology Services; Lori Deering, office and administrative specialist, Decker Hall; Eric Forsyth, professor of human performance, sport and health; Stephanie Hendricks, office and administrative specialist, American Indian Resource Center; Deborah Hovland, account clerk senior, Business Services; Rich Jahner, assistant head football coach and associate professor of human performance, sport and health; Mark Johnson, painter, Physical Plant; Dr. Patricia Rogers, dean of the College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology; Michael C. Smith, network manager, Programming, Network and Servers; Jeffery Tesch, head football coach and assistant professor of human performance, sport and health; Robert Viktora, general maintenance worker.
• 10 YEARS — Andy Bartlett, associate director of communications and marketing; Dr. Timothy Brockman, associate professor of technological studies; Crystal Cleven, instructor, TRiO/Student Support Services; Dr. Lauren Cobb, associate professor of English; Dr. Marsha Driscoll, associate professor of psychology; Kris Engesather, programmer, Programming, Network and Servers; Dr. Todd Frauenholtz, professor of mathematics and computer science; Dr. Richard Goeb, director of intercollegiate athletics; Dr. Debbie Guelda, professor of biology; Christopher Haley, office services supervisor, Printing Services; Nancy Haugen, associate director of career services; Laura Holm, office and administrative specialist, Residential Life; Lynn Johnson, interim director of distance learning, Center for Extended Learning; Michael Kruse, electronics technician supervisor; Wendy Larson, information officer, Records and Registration; Dr. Mark Lawrence, professor of geography; Dr. Keith Marek, associate professor of chemistry; Kenneth Meskill, groundskeeper; Dr. Tom Murphy, professor of history; Sharon Olson, cashier; Kerry Ross, associate director of Optivation; Debbie Slough, office and administrative specialist, intercollegiate athletics; Troy Solo, customer service specialist, Printing Services; Kristopher Williams, industrial training coordinator, Optivation.
• 5 YEARS — Molly Aitken-Julin, interim director, BSU Alumni Association; Matthew Bowen, head men’s basketball coach and assistant professor of health, human performance and sport; James Bronczyk, stationary engineer, Physical Plant; Benjamin Burgess, associate professor, American Indian Resource Center; Dr. Stephen Carlson, associate professor of music; Maureen Gibbon, associate professor of English; Linda Gilsrud, director of human resources; David Massaglia, assistant professor of accounting; Dianne Narum, assistant professor of library and library services; Dr. Carla Norris-Raynbird, associate professor of sociology; Kristi Reiplinger, LPN, Student Center for Health and Counseling Services; Steve Sertich, head women’s hockey coach and assistant professor of human performance, sport and health; Kelly Steggall, director of TRiO/Student Support Services; Mary Tosch, associate director, Hobson Memorial Union; Shane Veenker, assistant women’s hockey coach; Karen White, director, 360° Center of Excellence in Manufacturing and Applied Engineering; James White, associate professor of human performance, health and sport.