Enrolling in online or on-campus courses this summer is simple with BSU’s online application and registration process.
How to Register for Summer Courses
To apply and enroll in BSU Summer Sessions, follow our regular undergraduate or graduate application procedures.
- If you are not yet a BSU student, apply for regular admission.
- If you do not plan to complete a degree at BSU, you should apply as a Special Student. Once we’ve processed your application, you’ll be able to register for classes.
- If you are already a BSU student, you may register for summer classes.
Apply for Admission to BSU
If you are a new student (who hasn’t previously attended BSU), your personal identification information must be entered into the student records system.
To Apply as an Undergraduate Special Student
If you do not plan to complete your degree at BSU, select the following on your application:
- Type of Major: “On campus” or “Off site”
- Area of Student: “Undecided”
- Intended Degree: “Not seeking degree”
Students will be granted special status admission if they:
- have graduated from an accredited high school, OR
- have completed a GED certificate, OR
- are transferring from another post-secondary institution where they have good academic and financial standing
Transcripts are not required. Students who later decide to pursue a degree program must apply for regular undergraduate admission to the BSU.
To Apply as a Graduate Special Student
Complete the Graduate Special Student Application.
Register for Classes
Register using e-services. Refer to the class schedule for correct course ID numbers and credit values. All students are responsible for reviewing the Summer Session registration policies.
Review additional information about registration policies.
Students who have not registered for courses for some time may need to contact Records and Registration to activate their StarID and StarID password.
Pay your Tuition & Fees
Fee statements are available only online. Payments may be made online or at the Cashier’s Office. See summer session tuition and fees.
To apply for summer 2023 financial aid, you will need to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The Summer 2024 Financial Aid Application will be available on Monday, February 26, 2024.
If you received aid at BSU for the 2023-2024 academic year, you will only need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application.
For more information about grant and loan criteria, enrollment changes, new transfer students, 2023-2024 FAFSA or financial aid related deadlines, see financial aid.