Applying online for our distance programs is quick and simple, and most programs offer an ongoing admissions schedule.
Special admissions procedures
- Review the Elementary Education B.S. (DLiTE) admissions procedure
- Review the RN-BS Nursing admissions procedure
- Review the Hybrid Social Work (SWIM) 2020 cohort information
Tips for a successful application
When completing the application for admission:
- Please choose the major that you are most likely to complete, as that will produce the most accurate transfer credit evaluation. Do not leave the major field blank, if possible.
- The “online” delivery method is for completely online program options, but also includes Elementary Education (DLiTE).
- The “off site” delivery method is for programs that meet on a campus that may or may not be BSU. Examples include RN-BS Nursing, Biology Baccalaureate Partnership (NHCC), and Metro Area Business Administration (ARCC).
Not seeking a degree, but need an online class or classes?
You can apply online as a non-degree seeking student, and register for classes as soon as your application is processed (Graduate non-degree seeking applicants go here). Prerequisites and other course restrictions apply. FAFSA-based financial aid is not available under this option. Application processing is usually completed within a few days. Follow the undergraduate online application instructions and select the following as you complete the application:
Already a student at another MnSCU school?
If you are already enrolled at another MnSCU school, you may be eligible to take certain online courses through Bemidji State University as a “visiting student”, without having to apply to BSU. Financial aid and other concerns should be considered. Please contact Extended Learning for details.
If you plan to take online courses at the graduate level, please apply through the School of Graduate Studies. Follow the application instructions for graduate students.