Student Learning Objectives/Outcomes
BEST You @ BSU overall Student Learning Objectives
- Students will be aware of the Best You @ BSU program and be able to identify the seven dimensions of wellness.
- Students will be able to describe the dimensions of wellness and the various factors affecting each dimension, and the interrelationships of the dimensions.
- Students will attend and participate in Best You @ BSU wellness events throughout the year to increase their overall wellness.
- Academic & Career Wellness – Finding Purpose
Student will strengthen their academic related skills through a collaborative approach.
Students will be referred to the appropriate service bases on their need.
Students will identify programs that best fits their interests, abilities and values.
Students will have access to assessments and career coaching to help them choose a major that matches their interests, abilities and strengths.
Students will participate in career events and activities that connect them to future careers, (i.e., part-time employment, internships, volunteer work, practice and on-campus interviews, job fairs, etc.)
- Cultural Wellness – Understanding, learning, and embracing differences.
Students will understand, honor, and celebrate their own cultures and heritages, and demonstrate respect for the experiences and differences of others.
- Emotional Wellness – Healthy Mind
Students will identify strategies to manage emotional wellness.
- Environmental Wellness – Sustainable Lifestyle
Students will understand the interrelationships of people and the rest of the natural world.
Students will interact with and learn from the lakes, land, and animal and plater relatives.
Student will take action to protect Mother Earth both on campus and in our community.
Students will model and teach sustainable behaviors for the wellbeing of future generations.
- Financial Wellness – Manage Money
Improve student’s awareness of individual student loan debt and ways to reduce student loan debt.
- Physical Wellness – Healthy Body
Students who participate in recreational activities, programs and services [i.e. Campus Recreation Activities, Intramurals, Outdoor Program Center, Club Sports, Fitness Classes, and Goal Area 11 courses] will be able to take an active role in their personal wellness and will understand how physical activity will improve health
- Social Wellness – Healthy Interpersonal Relationships
Students will identify possible opportunities to engagement on campus and in their community.
Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
Students will feel a sense of place through their connections in clubs, organizations, campus activities, or community activities.