We’re a Community.
Bemidji State University is committed to fostering safe, caring, inclusive environments that encourage academic success, respect, personal growth and a sense of responsibility toward our community and global society. Open your door to a floor filled with friends. Take a five-minute walk and you’re sitting in class. Out of shampoo? The Lodge store is open every day of the week.
Why Live on Campus?
Above all, it’s the CONVENIENCE. You’ve got a study partner whenever you need one, and you never have to worry about an empty refrigerator. There is always something to do, and it’s all so close to you. It’s also about SUCCESS. Students living on campus have better grades, complete more credits, and are retained at higher numbers than students living off campus.
Life on the Bemidji State campus is COMMUNITY oriented from day one. You’ll live alongside people who are just like you, people who are completely different from you, and you’ll make friends with all of them and create friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. Right in the comfort of your own living room.
So take a look around. See what you think. And if you have any questions, just contact us.
- Partner with students and staff members to develop community expectations that encourage inclusion, civility, respect for others and property, and individual rights and responsibilities.
- Provide a dining service that offers quality and value.
- Support our students and the university mission by collaboratively working with faculty and staff to enhance student development and learning.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to student learning and success.
- Develop learning opportunities that complement the academic mission of the university.
- Provide current technology, programs, and facilities that support academic success.
- Professional and peer staff engage in intentional academic intervention and support leading to student success.
- Provide resources and support for a successful transition to and from the college experience.
- Support and challenge students to foster autonomy and personal growth.
- Encourage student awareness, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of individual backgrounds, beliefs, and ideas.
FACILITIES & OPERATIONS
- Share responsibility with our residents for maintaining safe, clean, and comfortable facilities.
- Assess facilities and programs on a continuous basis in order to plan for improvement, growth and sustainability.
- Practice fiscal responsibility in managing facilities and resources.
- Serve as caring and supportive models of ethical and professional behavior.
- Serve as advocates for students and act as a resource.
- Provide staff with strategies for developing community and meeting the needs of students.
- Empower staff through interactive training, personal supervision, and leadership development.
- Follow a comprehensive staff selection process that is international and fair and results in the hiring of outstanding staff.