I’m an accountant, what’s your superpower?
Behind every successful business is a great accountant.
If you are good with numbers and love solving problems, becoming an accountant can be ideal career opportunity. In today’s highly competitive business world, professional accountants guide business decisions by assessing financial operations and making best-practices recommendations to management.
Job Security: The U.S. Department of labor estimates that we will need 139,000 additional accountants between 2016 and 2026. For those doing the numbers, that’s more than 1,158 new accountants needed every month! This doesn’t even take into account the fact that tens of thousands of baby-boomers are retiring each month which creates additional opportunities for advancement. Now is an excellent time to beginning planning your accounting career.
Financial Security: According to the U.S. Dept. of Labor, the median annual income for accountants is $69,350 with the highest 10 percent earning more than $122,220. US News and World Report ranks accounting #6 in Best Business Jobs in the U.S.
Be Your Own Boss: Owning your own accounting firm provides many benefits. You can set your own hours, work from home, live where you wish, ensure quality family time, and work and earn as much as you wish.
Work Anywhere: Every business needs an accountant. Therefore, professional accountants can work within almost any industry imaginable and in nearly every location imaginable. Accountants who love large cities can work in large firms, while those who love the small town life can seek out the solitude of a quiet countryside.
Accounting Careers: Graduates from BSU’s accounting programs currently work as Accountants and Auditors, Controllers, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officers, and in a variety of other careers. Click Here to explore career opportunities.
The Department of Accountancy at Bemidji State University offers rigorous programs of study providing you the technical knowledge needed to be a great accountant. We also provide a well rounded business education, making you uniquely suited to rise to the level of executive officer of an organization.
- Taught by Professors: At many universities, accounting classes are taught by graduate assistants, while professors do research to improve their careers. At Bemidji State, you are taught by professors who are looking out for you!
- Small Class Size: Accounting classes are rigorous. You may have a question you need answered. If you are in a class of 200, it’s almost impossible to get noticed. BSU accounting classes average 25 students.
- “Best Online Bachelors in Accounting Degrees” Great Business Schools Online and Discover Business have each ranked Bemidji State University’s online accountancy program as one of the best value programs in the country.
- Program Flexibility: Earn your Bachelor’s degree in Accounting on-campus or online. You can earn your degree in four years or attend part-time at a pace that best fits your lifestyle.
- Accredited Program: Bemidji State University’s Accounting program is accredited through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The IACBE’s accreditation process examines whether students learned what they were supposed to have learned.
- Earn Your CPA: A Certified Public Accounting license is the profession’s highest standard of competence, a symbol of achievement and assurance of quality. BSU’s CPA track provides you the education you need to prepare for the CPA. BSU also offers Exam Prep Courses for those accountants preparing to sit for their CPA exam.
- Earn an MBA in Five Years: BSU Accounting students have the opportunity to participate in an accelerated MBA program allowing them to complete their bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Masters of Business Administration in just five years.
- Practical Experience: Gain practical expereince while you’re in college through Internships and VITA.
Or check out our online B.S. in Accounting program, where you’ll have the flexibility and convenience of attending classes online with the same challenging and accredited degree program that is offered to on-campus students.
Internships, conference opportunities, our student organization, and the chance to work directly with the public . . . learn about the opportunities you’ll have to develop your professional skills.
Advanced Accounting Courses Prep for CPA Exam
Read about our unique and intensive program of study that will prepare you for the CPA exam. Classes are offered both on-campus and online.