Students for the Environment
SFE is a student-run organization that focuses on environmental issues on and off-campus. We do things such as: educating students on campus, advocating for a healthier planet, volunteer work, campaigns, projects, and promote sustainable lifestyle changes. We’re always open to ideas and love new faces. Join us for a fun time and create interesting experiences!
Bemidji, MN 56601
Contact Email: email@example.com
What We Do
- Invite speakers to educate us on getting our foot in the door at potential future jobs or further studies and schooling.
- Provide opportunities to work in labs and be active with your chemistry skills.
- Perform outsourced quality control testing for Hobart Laboratories.
- Produce a video on laboratory safety.
- Participate in outreach activities that encourage youth to pursue careers in chemistry.
- Contribute in on campus major and career expo events.
- Eat pizza!
- Meeting times are posted on flyers throughout Sattgast Hall.
- Join us! Visit the BSU Chemistry Club on facebook.
Student Chapter of the Wildlife Society
The Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society is open to all majors and school year levels. The chapter provides an experience of wildlife-related field tasks that are needed to be a wildlife professional. Some club activities include bobcat necropsy, bear collaring, fish backpack shocking, sharp-tailed trapping and collaring, Bemidji Slough Wildlife Management Area research, deer jaw aging, duck wing ID’ing, deer antler scoring and spotlight deer surveys.
Student Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
The Student Chapter of The American Fisheries Society provides biology students the opportunity to experience exciting, hands-on outdoor activities related to fisheries. This involves electrofishing, fish identification, pulling seine nets, fish field trips, professional fisheries conferences and much more. Being involved in the fisheries society also provides students the opportunity to make professional connections in the field.