The Social Work Club is a diverse group committed to providing programming and activities that promote professional growth, community service and camaraderie among its members.
Students in the Social Work major or any other major, faculty, and staff members are encouraged to be active in the Social Work Club. The faculty advisor is Rebecca Hoffman, Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work. The Club functions as an advisory group to the Department of Social Work coordinator.
- Encourage a network of support, growth and friendship for all Social Work students
- Increase awareness and promote social change within the university, local community, and statewide
- Promote and practice the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics
- Increase awareness and promote a positive image of the social work profession
- Provide the opportunity for members to develop a thinking identity as a social work professional
- Encourage and provide the opportunity for extending volunteer experience in the community for BSU students, faculty, and staff
Students can sign up for Social Work Club meeting and activity notices through Beaver Link today!