Addictions Certificate interns will work within a treatment setting alongside an LADC to provide addictions treatment services. Interns will gain experience with program services and tasks that meet requirements for the 12 Core Functions.
Interns participate in internship seminars with their peers and course instructor six times throughout the semester for support in applying the theoretical and ethical principles of the profession in practice settings.
- Internships can be conducted within a four hour radius of Bemidji, MN
- There are $1,000 summer scholarship opportunities available to students
- Internships last 880 hours across two semesters, approximately six months.
- The internship orientation course is designed to assist students in designing a resume, setting up an interview and securing an internship placement while supporting the student.
- During the internship, the curriculum assists students in completing the licensure requirements for the LADC (filling out the application, taking the exam and support during the process)
- Students often start working in the field within 2-4 weeks after graduation.
LADC Intern and Field Instructor Manual
LADC Intern and Field Instructor Manual 2018 2019 assists those who are planning to receive a Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor certificate and information for students and agencies for the completion of the LADC internship.
Forms & Resources
Addictions Internship Learning Goals Guide
Student Midterm & Final Evaluation Form for LADC Interns
Internship Site Information Form
LADC Licensure Process and Application
As of Dec 9, 2019, the average annual pay for the LADC jobs category in Minnesota is $53,077 a year.
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $100,292 and as low as $27,780, the majority of salaries within the LADC jobs category currently range between $42,847 (25th percentile) to $61,211 (75th percentile) in Minnesota.
Based on recent job postings on ZipRecruiter, the LADC job market in both Minnesota and the surrounding area is very active. Minnesota ranks number 27 out of 50 states nationwide for LADC job salaries.