Follow our 5-step process for a successful transfer to BSU. Step 1 is to apply online here:
Transfer Admission Criteria
You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and a minimum of 24 post-secondary credits completed after high school graduation. If you have fewer than 24 post-secondary credits, all of the following materials are required:
- Official high school transcript (if you graduated within two years of applying to BSU)
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended. Note: If you have attended a Minnesota State institution, your official transcript(s) can be obtained electronically by BSU. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What if I don’t meet these requirements?
Students who do not meet admission criteria may be accepted conditionally upon recommendation of the Admissions Review Committee. No applicant is refused admission to the university on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability.
Every applicant to BSU is reviewed on an individual basis. Admission is granted to applicants who will, in the judgment of the Admissions Review Committee, make positive contributions to the community life of the university and be able to progress satisfactorily toward the completion of all degree requirements. The committee evaluates secondary school achievement, recommendations from counselors, test scores and personal achievement.
In evaluating applications, the Admissions Review Committee also considers any special circumstances which may have affected the applicant’s prior academic achievement.
- Complete and submit the online undergraduate application.
- Pay the non-refundable $20 application fee (Call 218-755-2045 Mon – Fri during business hours or online via E-Services Bills and Payments)
- Have official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions sent directly from the issuing institution to BSU Admissions.
- You will receive a letter and/or email from BSU Admissions regarding the status of your online application.