Start your transfer journey by applying to BSU here. It’s free!
Transfer Admission Criteria
- Successful transfer applicants have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and a minimum of 24 college credits earned after high school graduation.
- If you have earned fewer than 24 college credits after high school, an official high school transcript showing graduation date, or a GED certificate is required.
- Official transcript(s) from all previously-attended colleges. Note: If you have attended one or more Minnesota State institutions, your official transcript(s) can be obtained electronically by BSU. We will notify you if we aren’t able to retrieve your MinnState transcripts electronically. See Sending Transcripts.
What if I don’t meet these requirements?
Students who do not meet transfer admission criteria may be accepted conditionally upon recommendation of the Admissions Review Committee. No applicant is refused admission to the university on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability.
Every BSU applicant is reviewed on an individual basis. Admission is granted to applicants who will, in the judgment of the Admissions Review Committee, make positive contributions to the university community and be able to progress satisfactorily toward the completion of all degree requirements. The committee evaluates high school achievement, recommendations from counselors, test scores and personal achievement.
In evaluating applications and appeals, the Admissions Review Committee also considers any special circumstances which may have affected the applicant’s prior academic achievement.
- Complete and submit the online undergraduate application.
- Have official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions sent directly from the issuing institution to BSU Admissions. Also consider sending AP, IB, CLEP, and Military (JST) transcripts so we can move that credit into your BSU record. See Sending Transcripts.
- You will receive a letter and/or email from BSU Admissions regarding the status of your online application. You may check the status of your application in eServices at any time.