By using OneSearch, a borrower can request the renewal of BSU library items which he or she checked out.
Renewal of Interlibrary Loan items can also be performed via OneSearch, but the process is slightly different than renewing BSU items.
Renewing BSU-owned items
Most items owned by and checked out from the BSU Library can be renewed at least once. Online renewal helps to avoid the replacement fee that is charged when a borrowed item becomes more than 30 days overdue. Note that several types of items cannot be renewed: non-circulating items checked out on a special basis by faculty, items placed on course reserves by instructors (or requested for course reserve) and items requested for use (i.e. placed on hold) by another borrower.
Seven Steps to Online Renewal Success
- Go to OneSearch.
- Click on Sign In at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your your StarID–using only the letters and numbers, not the “@live.bemidjistate.edu”–and StarID password. Then, click Login.
- You will see a list of items which are checked out to your library account.
- Click on the check-box to left of the item(s) you wish to renew; or, click on the “Renew All Items” link above the list to request a renewal for all items checked out to you.
- Click on the “Renew Selected Items” link at the top of the list to request a renewal for the selected items.
- If OneSearch accepts the renewal request, it will display the new due date and time.
- Sign out or close out of the browser.
Should you attempt a renewal when one is not yet possible, OneSearch will display an appropriate message. If an item is not available for renewal, there will be no check-box next to the item (note: such items may be Interlibrary Loan items, see section below for renewal instructions).
Renewing Interlibrary Loan Items
Because Interlibrary loan items are provided to our users by other libraries, the terms of renewal are a bit different than those for renewing items owned by BSU. A maximum of ONE RENEWAL ONLY per item may be possible, if requested BEFORE the item is overdue. Be advised, however, that requesting a renewal does not mean that your item will automatically be renewed. The library lending the item reserves the right to grant or deny renewals. To request the renewal of an Interlibrary loan item, log in to OneSearch . Under the Loans tab, choose the Interlibrary Loan item you would like to renew by clicking on the check-box next to it. Then, click on the Renew Selected button at the top of the list. A message will display that the renewal request is being sent to the partner library. Make sure to log back into OneSearch in a few days to check on the status of your renewal request. If the renewal has been granted, the item will show a new due date.