The Investigation Office enforces Title IX law and Minnesota State Board Policies and System Procedures as it pertains to discrimination and sexual violence. The Office provides prevention education concerning discrimination and sexual violence.
Report an Incident
See the complete list of incident reports and complaints.
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Parenting and pregnant students have rights under Title IX law. We have supports that may be implemented to assist students as they navigate parenthood.
Minnesota State Board Policies and System Procedures
- 1B.1 — Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education
- 1B.1.1 — Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
- 1B.1.1 complaint process
“No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices or access to and participation in, programs, services and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. In addition, discrimination in employment based on familial status or membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law is prohibited.”
- 1B.3 — Sexual Violence Policy
- 1B.3.1 – Response to Sexual Violence and Title IX Sexual Harassment
- 1B.3.1 complaint process
“Sexual violence is an intolerable intrusion into the most personal and private rights of an individual and is prohibited at Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.”
Title IX and Minnesota State Board Policies and System Procedures Team
Megan Zothman, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees
Phone: (218) 755-2502
Andrea Dahly, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Student-Athletes
Phone: (218) 755-2142
- Title IX Coordinator Training
- Title IX Coordinator Training (pdf)
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator Training
- Civil Rights Investigator Training
- Process Advisor Training (download)
- Decision Maker Training (download)
- Stalking Risk Assessment training 11-8 Handout
The most recent sexual assault data provided to the Minnesota Office of Higher Education is available for both Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College. The Clery Report captures the incidents of sexual violence on campus annually.