The Department of Environmental Health & Safety is charged with providing resources and services to protect the environment and ensure the health and safety of the university’s students, faculty, staff and visiting public.
EHS Divisions and Department Collaborations
A number of departments work collaboratively to provide comprehensive environmental and health & safety programs that foster a culture of safety throughout the Bemidji State University campus.
- Public Safety
- Chemical Hygiene Officer
- Human Resources
- Environmental and safety regulatory compliance
- Health & Safety programs and policies
These include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating environmental and safety regulatory compliance
- Contributing to the development and implementation of university environmental and health and safety programs and policies
- Hazard assessment and mitigation
- Coordinating occupational safety training
- Hazardous waste management
- Waste reduction
- Pollution prevention