Roles & Responsibilities – Employee
- CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY FOR LIFE THREATENING OR SERIOUS INJURIES
- Report any serious injuries, verbally if necessary, to the Human Resources Office, as soon as possible but, DO NOT DELAY SEEKING EMERGENCY MEDICAL ATTENTION IN ORDER TO REPORT AN INJURY OR COMPLETE FORMS
For all other work injuries or illnesses:
- Report the injury or illness to your supervisor as soon as possible. If your supervisor is not available, contact the Human Resources Office at 755-3966.
- Assist your supervisor in the prompt and accurate completion of reporting forms required for the Workers’ Compensation program.
For non-emergent conditions that require medical attention:
- Download or get a copy of the Worker’s Compensation Employee Information Packet.
- Get an evaluation of the injury or illness from a medical provider in the CorVel provider network.
- Inform your supervisor of any condition or treatments or special requirements that will impact you work, such as days away from work and restrictions or limits on physical activity.
- Provide your supervisor with “doctors slips”, workability reports, or other written medical orders that document conditions or treatments that affect your work schedule or duties.
Contact Human Resources if you have any questions about a work injury or illness or the workers’ compensation program.