This resource page guides new employees through the on-boarding process and provides you with quick access to frequently requested information.
- Prepare for your first day and bring your documentation to verify the I9 form.
- Within 3 days of your start date, you’ll need to meet with Human Resources and provide the necessary proof of your eligibility for employment in the US. Note: the best form of identification to bring with you is your passport or driver’s license and social security card. International faculty or employees contact Human Resources for assistance at 218-755-3966.
- Think about parking
- Activate your StarID- Click HERE!
- The StarID is a username that replaces many login IDs with one ID, one password, everywhere.You only need one StarID: you can use the same StarID across Minnesota State to log into many services like email, D2L Brightspace, and more. Change your password in one place — starid.minnstate.edu — and it changes everywhere.
- Minnesota State self service site- Click HERE
- This is where you can sign up for Direct Deposit, view pay stubs, review your benefits (if eligible), enroll in e-learning classes and more.
- Eligible for Benefits? Start familiarizing yourself with them HERE.
- SEGIP provides a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs for state employees and other organizations that participate in SEGIP. The state’s health benefits include medical and optional dental insurance, a pharmacy benefit, and programs that offer health coaching and worksite wellness initiatives. Wellbeing programs include life, disability, and long-term care insurance; and pre-tax spending accounts for medical, dental, vision, childcare, parking, and commuting expenses.