Attention: Wellness Center Opening Monday 8/3/20
The Gillett Wellness Center is EXCITED to announce that we will re-open with a reduced scheduled starting on Monday, August 3rd. Our priority remains to safeguard the health, safety and well being of our guests and members (which includes BSU students, faculty, staff and Bemidji area community members). The pool, locker rooms, showers, and racquetball courts will remain closed at this time so please come prepared. Also at this time we will not be allowing any basketball to be played.
During this initial re-opening, we will be open Mondays through Fridays from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. We anticipate extending our hours (including weekends) at a later date – stay tuned for more information.
To mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 transmission, we are requiring face masks/coverings to be worn while inside the Wellness Center and have spaced our equipment to provide appropriate physical/social distancing. Enhanced cleaning protocols have also been created. We thank you, in advance, for cooperating with these enhanced safety measures.
Health & Safety Guidelines:
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath and/or any other symptoms
- Maintain social distance of six feet apart from staff and other members
- Always wipe down equipment before and after each use
- Wash your hands before and after working out – hand sanitizer available throughout the facility
- We welcome 8 participants in each of the weight rooms at a time
- We welcome 5 participants in each of the cross fit rooms at a time
- No two cardio located side by side are to be used at the same time
- No two weight stations located side by side are to be used at the same time
- At this time basketball, racquetball, rock-wall, pool are not available
- Parking lot and main entrance (lake side) is open, back entrance is closed at this time
Recreation and Fitness for the Campus & Community
An active, fit mind is best fueled by an active, fit body, and we’ve got everything you need achieve a physically active, healthy way of life. The Gillett Wellness Center offers state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that will help you slim down, tone up, de-stress or just plain play.
If you are a student, meeting minimum enrollment requirements, you have free access. We also have flexible membership options for faculty, staff, alumni and the public.
So let’s get started!