Bemidji State University offers two American Heart Association courses: Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED and BLS Basic Life Support.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course
The $105 Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course is for those with little or no medical training who need a course completion card for their job or regulatory requirements or anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- first aid basics
- medical emergencies
- injury emergencies
- environmental emergencies
- prevention of illness and injury
- adult CPR and AED use
- opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- optional modules in child CPR AED and infant CPR.
The in-person classroom course can be completed in approximately 3 hours. Upon successful completion, students will receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Registration/dates/fees can be found on the city of Bemidji Parks/Recreation site.
BLS Basic Life Support Course
The $125 BLS Basic Life Support course is for prehospital providers like EMTs, paramedics and in-facility hospital providers.
- high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- the AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- important early use of an AED
- effective ventilations using a barrier device
- the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for adults and infants
The BLS Initial/Renewal course takes approximately 4.5 hours to complete. Registration/dates/fees can be found on the city of Bemidji Parks/Recreation site.
Businesses, groups or individuals can also request a provider to instruct their personnel at their place of business or at the Gillett Wellness Center.
Contact Holly Bannor at (218) 755-2940 (email@example.com) for more information.