- Please reserve conference rooms for group use. Rooms may be reserved via Virtual EMS. Login with your starID and password.
- Conference rooms will be unlocked and available for casual use during HMU business hours. Priority use of the space goes to groups that have made reservations.
- Food in conference rooms should be limited to catering for events and meetings. If a group brings food or snacks into the space, please remove food garbage to a trash container in a public area.
- Conference rooms will be in a standard set-up unless otherwise requested. Please return furniture to its original configuration if moved.
- Please do not use conference rooms for art activities that involve paint, glue or other supplies that may damage furniture or walls without prior approval by HMU staff.
- Do not tape items to conference room walls, doors or furniture without prior approval by HMU staff. Guests are welcome to bulletin boards, dry erase boards or may have easels set up in the room for displaying items.
- Each conference room is equipped with a projector or monitor, HDMI cable and/or AirMedia screen casting. Technology assistance may be scheduled in advance if required. For minor technology assistance, our HMU staff is happy to assist you.
- To report damage, missing equipment or other concerns, please contact the Hobson Memorial Union Information Desk by visiting, emailing us at email@example.com, or calling (218) 755-3760.
- The Hobson Memorial Union is a student-fee funded facility. As such, space is primarily reserved for university use. External guests are welcomed to use our facility through space rental.
- The facility fee follows the Campus Facility Usage and Rates Policy. Additional charges may be applied for use of special equipment, additional staffing or extended building hours, technology staff assistance or other charges as discussed with university event staff.
- At the time of the request, individuals or vendors will be asked to provide a W9 and insurance certificate to initiate the Facilities Use Agreement. Space will not be held or reserved until requested information has been provided.
- All contracts and room set-up information must be finalized at least one week before the event is scheduled to take place or the event may be canceled.
Multipurpose Spaces: Beaux Arts Ballroom and Crying Wolf Room
- Multipurpose spaces can be set up in a variety of ways to meet the needs of your event. At the time of reservation, please provide room set up requests and equipment needs and an estimate of audience attendance.
- To arrange for staffing needs, reservations/event details for the Beaux Arts Ballroom must be finalized at least one week before the event is scheduled to take place or the event may be canceled. Crying Wolf Room reservations must be finalized three business days in advance or the event may be canceled.
Catering on campus for meetings and events of any size is provided by Aramark Dining Services. Menu options and contact information for catering.
Fundraising activities such as charging for entry into an event may be allowed upon prior approval through Student Organization Fundraising policies and the fundraising form on BeaverLink.
- The Hobson Memorial Union is a student-fee funded facility. As such, promotional kiosks in Lakeside Dining are primarily reserved for university use. External guests are welcome to use our promotional kiosks through the rental of space.
- Promotional kiosks should be reserved at least one business day in advance. Kiosks may be reserved via Virtual EMS. Login with your starID and password.
- Student groups and departments may reserve one kiosk at a time unless otherwise approved by HMU event services staff.
- Promotional kiosks should be used by representatives of their group and not by external individuals or groups. Student organizations and university departments shall not use their privileges to inappropriately “front” for a non-university group or commercial vendor in order to avoid or receive reduced expenses and/or provide access to campus for those entities. Some exceptions may apply as approved HMU event services staff. Violations of “fronting” may result in loss of HMU space use privileges.