Beaver Alert is how the university shares important information about campus closures and BSU/neighborhood emergencies as soon as they happen. During an emergency or campus closure, university officials will send communication to students, employees and registered community members with the location, specific emergency and recommended safety measures. The message(s) will be brief and to the point with additional information being disseminated through an all-community email as soon as it is available.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call 218.755.3888
Students & Employees
Students and employees automatically receive Beaver Alert notifications on the BSU official email accounts. Get emergency news instantly that affects you and your safety. Students and employees are automatically enrolled into Beaver Alert. Data is collected from E-services, so students and employees should ensure their information is correct.
- Decide how you want to receive important emergency alerts- text, voice call and/other other personal email accounts.
- Students: Log into MyBSU, click on E-services, click on Account Management and then click on Address Info. View and add your contact preferences, including a cellphone number for voice and text, as well as additional email accounts.
- Employees: log into MyBSU, and click on Employee Home.
- In your employee dashboard click on the My Profile tab.
- Click on Contact Information and verify your home and mobile numbers are correct.
- To receive text messages from Beaver Alert, you must enter a mobile phone number in the mobile phone text box.
- Your office phone is automatically entered into Beaver Alert from the BSU Directory.
By viewing and adding your contact preferences, you will get important and timely information how you want to receive it.
Neighbors & Non-BSU Students & Employees
Beaver Alert can also share information with our neighbors and non-BSU students and employees who do not work or attend on campus.