Pursue a business degree on campus or online. Programs include: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Computer Information Systems and Marketing Communication. You can tailor your business degree to fit your career goals.
Choose a Program
- Entrepreneurship focuses on the rewards and challenges of small business ownership, managing a small business and starting new business ventures through courses including entrepreneurship, small business case analysis, strategic management and marketing.
- Finance reaches more deeply into financial management, financial advising, corporate financial policies, investments, economics, risk management, insurance, real estate, income taxes and financial statement analysis.
- Management delivers advanced courses in human resources management, organizational behavior, strategic management, quality control and operations management. Students develop skills in leadership, motivation and organizational design and development.
- Marketing focuses on people in the marketplace and includes advanced studies in sales and selling, consumer behavior, eMarketing, advertising, marketing research and marketing management.
- Indigenous Nations Marketing focuses specifically on Indigenous Nations people as both marketers and consumers in the marketplace and includes advanced studies in sales and selling, consumer behavior, eMarketing, advertising, marketing research and marketing management.
- Marketing Communication provides advanced courses from marketing and mass communications programs with strong emphasis in advertising, public relations and mass multimedia design and production.
- Computer Information Systems provides in-depth understanding of computer science, computer graphics, e-Commerce, object-oriented software development, apps development, gaming, programming, and how to best leverage technology for business success.
- Metro Area Business Administration is a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in the metropolitan area of Minneapolis-Saint Paul. This four year transfer degree program is currently taught at Anoka-Ramsey Community College. Classes are provided ON-CAMPUS (Monday – Friday) in Coon Rapids with BSU professors teaching the required upper-level courses.
Students may earn up to 12 credits in approved, paid internships in any of these program areas. Also, students frequently land job offers before they even graduate or go on to graduate programs.
Students who have completed an A.A. degree, Minnesota transfer curriculum or already have a bachelor’s degree in another field may choose to take Business courses online or complete a BSU Business Administration degree online. The Department of Business Administration is the leader in accepting equivalent business transfer credits into the majors.
If you feel there may be courses that should transfer into your major, complete the Course-Transfer/Substitution-Form (include course descriptions from previous institutions). Submit completed from to Kwood@bemidjistate.edu & DLeif@bemidjistate.edu.
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed for working students with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Though not required, we recommend students planning to major in business-related fields complete high school coursework in the following areas, if possible:
- MS Office Apps
- Foreign Language