The Social Work Department offers a Social Work (BSW) major, Addictions minor, and Alcohol and Drug Counselor certificate.
The BSW provides a theoretical grounding as well as practical experience, preparing students to work within the human services field by providing holistic solutions to the social, behavioral, economic or health problems faced by individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Areas of Study
Social work offers both an online and on-campus track for the social work major. Both tracks offer the same curriculum and require the same knowledge and skill development that focuses on 9 social work competencies and 31 related practice behaviors.
- Social Work, BSW – Two Tracks
- Social Work, BSW (On-Campus) is largely in the classroom while also integrating online and community-based components to enhance student understanding and application of practice theories and concepts
- Social Work, BSW (Hybrid) is a largely online program with a once a month on-campus component to apply practice theories and concepts
- Addictions, Minor
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certificate (LADC)
- School Social Work Preparation & Licensure Certificate