College can be challenging for many reasons, but having the right support and resources can help students succeed.
SUCCESS Program Overview
Bemidji State’s SUCCESS (Scaling Up College Completion Efforts for Student Success) program offers students the opportunity to connect with a coach to help them succeed, earn a college degree and stay on their career path. The program is part of a nationwide study designed to test whether providing students access to coaching and resources can make it easier for students to reach their goals and graduate on time. SUCCESS is a program that will give students access to resources and support on campus for four years.
The SUCCESS program model is currently being implemented in four states — Ohio, Indiana, California and New Jersey — and beginning in Fall 2020, the pilot colleges and universities received support to implement the SUCCESS model on campus. BSU’s Advising Success Center and Career Services, together, participated in a program design and technical assistance session to launch, pilot, refine and expand the new SUCCESS program. Beginning Fall 2021, Bemidji State began implementing small-scale SUCCESS programming to a cohort of at least 100 students, with new cohorts beginning each fall until 2023.
SUCCESS Program Eligibility
The SUCCESS Program is open to students who are:
- Degree-seeking, with 60 or fewer cumulative, college-level earned credits;
- Not already participating in TRIO;
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Pell Grant-eligible, or
- Student of color, or
- First generation student, or
- Conditional admit, or
- New transfer student.
Space in the program is limited. Only students who are eligible for the program and agree to be part of the study will have the opportunity to participate in SUCCESS. If you are eligible and sign up for the study, you will be entered into a lottery and you will have a chance of being selected for SUCCESS.
If you meet the eligibility above and want to learn more about the SUCCESS program and study, schedule an appointment with a SUCCESS coach.
SUCCESS Program Benefits
- Access to a SUCCESS coach all year who will be there to help you with whatever you might need;
- Up to $500 in financial Incentives, with 10 months of financial incentives to help you cover some of your daily expenses for up to four years;
- Support in registering for classes each semester, resources on campus and planning for your career;
- Learn about the steps you can take to be a SUCCESS.
- Primary contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Stish, SUCCESS program coordinator
- Justin Walters, SUCCESS coach
- Kalli Bitter, SUCCESS coach