Bemidji State offers a wide range of health education programs through the Student Center for Health and Counseling that promote and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
We believe you have the innate wisdom to make wise choices about your health and well-being.
- More about the Health Education Program
- Become a Lifestyle Educator!
- Health Education Links and Resources
Sexual Health & STIs
We provide educational programming, resources and services to help you make responsible choice about sex, and to take care of your sexual health. Information is available on making choices about sexual relationships, STIs and STI prevention. Services include confidential STI and HIV testing and counseling, family planning services, and women’s health exams and pap tests.
Online Self Assessment Tools
Try our free, anonymous online screening tools.
- The Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo is an interactive web survey that allows college and university students to enter information about their drinking patterns and receive feedback about their use of alcohol. The assessment takes about 6-7 minutes to complete, is self-guided, and requires no face-to-face contact time with a counselor or administrator.
- The Marijuana e-CheckUpToGo is a marijuana-specific brief assessment and feedback tool designed to reduce marijuana use among college students. The assessment takes about 10-15 minutes to complete, is self-guided, and requires no face-to-face contact time with a counselor or administrator.
- More Online Self Assessment Tools
Health Education Program
- Sexual Violence Prevention Training
- Bemidji State University is committed to providing you a safe place for learning. Violence and violations of individual rights and privacy have a heavy impact on your environment. These violations may include sexual misconduct, physical assault, theft, vandalism, stalking, unauthorized entry, and all forms of electronic harassment. The Sexual Violence Prevention Training was developed by Minnesota State University to address these issues