How Health Education Inspires
- Coordinating and advising a health education peer group, the Lifestyle Educators.
- Making sure students have access to reliable, current health information by providing health literature at the SCHC as well as satellite sites on campus.
- Planning and Coordinating campus presentations involving nationally or regionally known speakers or performers.
- Provide professional/clinical staff for health and wellness presentations to classes or other campus groups.
- Alcohol Savvy
- Examine myths and realities of alcohol use and student drinking. Explore how to use alcohol safely, responsibly and Legally and learn a resources and support services.
- Virtual party!
- A fun, fast-paced game that allows students to make decisions about drinking in a party setting, and view the outcome of these decisions
- Human Sexuality; Between the Sheets
- This program focuses on family planning, birth control options, STI and breast/testicular exams and is facilitated by a CNP Family Nurse Practitioner
- The Secret Epidemic: STI’s on Campus
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that as many as 55 million Americans have sexually transmissible infections (STI’s) and more than 15 million are spread each year.
- Predatory Drugs
- Law enforcement and sexual assault advocates report a rising number of drug-related sexual assaults. Learn about the problem and what you can do to protect yourself and your friends.
- Beat the Bet: Problem gambling on Campus
- Compulsive gambling is a hot topic on college campuses where experts say students are three to four times more likely to develop a behavioral disorder from recreational gambling. The program will help you understand the scope of the problem and resources for help.
Want a program on a special topic? Contact us!