The following links will connect you to a variety of anonymous, interactive, online screening tools that will help you assess various aspects of your personal health and help you decide if you need to seek out any professional help.
The Northstar Problem Gambling Alliance (NPGA), Minnesota’s affiliate to the National Council on Problem Gambling, is a non-profit, gambling-neutral organization dedicated to improving the lives of Minnesotans affected by problem gambling. We achieve this by increasing public awareness about problem and compulsive gambling and advocating for support services and treatment for persons adversely affected by gambling.
Drugs and Alcohol Resources
- Go Ask Alice. Education on alcohol, nicotine and other drugs
- The Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention. Resources about alcohol and drug prevention
- White Bison. Native American recovery/spirituality
- Al-Anon/Alateen. A site to help families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend.
- Alcohol Consumption. A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health
- Alcohol Screening. A site to help assess alcohol consumption patterns to determine how much is too much.
- College Drinking Prevention. Your one-stop resource for comprehensive research-based information on issues related to alcohol abuse and binge drinking among college students.
- Drink Wheel. Online blood alcohol content calculator
- e-Chug. (The Alcohol eCheckup to Go) is an online alcohol intervention and personalized feedback tool designed to motivate individuals to assess their alcohol consumption by analyzing information about their individual drinking and risk factors.
- National Institutes of Health – National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Tobacco Cessation Resources
Bemidji State is committed to support students and employees who wish to stop using tobacco products. Information on cessation is available for students at the Student Center for Health and Counseling.
Tobacco cessation resources for employees are available through Minnesota’s Tobacco Phone Counseling Programs, your health care provider or through the Employee Assistance Program.
Additional cessation resources include:
- Quit Plan or call 1-(888)-354-PLAN or 1-(800)-QUIT-NOW. Quit Partner is Minnesota’s free way to quit nicotine, including smoking, vaping and chewing. We can support your quit with one-on-one coaching and other helpful tools. Whenever you need us, we’re here to help 24/7.
- Clear Way Minnesota. An independent nonprofit organization that improves the health of all Minnesotans by reducing tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke through research, action and collaboration.
- American Lung Association or call (218) 726-4721 or 1-(800)-LUNG-USA. The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
- Office of the Surgeon General. Resources to help you quit