- Mental Health Bites
View the mental health videos presented in the form of a Zoom podcast.
- Suicide Prevention Resources and Hotlines
- National Alliance of Mental Illnesses Minnesota (NAMI)
- BSU Veteran’s Assistance Center
Center Staff can help you determine whether you’re eligible for the GI Bill, scholarships, disability services, personal counseling, tutoring, financial aid etc.
- College Health/Mental Health Information
Helpful resources for college students and parents.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, (SAD) Information
What is SAD?, How common is it?, Is there any treatment?
- Depression Overview at WebMD
Articles, blogs, support forums
- Addiction Information
Gambling, Food, Shopping, Drugs, Sex…What are these addictions? Who is affected by them?
- Internet Addiction
Recognizing Internet addiction, problems caused by it
Resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender students
- Half of Us – Hear stories from celebrities and other college students and get facts about mental health issues.
Mental Health Videos
Mental Health 101: struggling with the stress of college? You’re not alone.
Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection
The Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection is a collection of articles from university counseling centers across the U.S. on topics specific to student concerns. A virtual pamphlet put out by another university may refer to services available only to students at that university. BSU students should, of course, contact instead the BSU Counseling Center. Opinions expressed in a virtual pamphlet from one university do not necessarily reflect those of Bemidji State University.
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Attention-Deficit Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Family and Childhood Issues
- Impulse Control
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Orientation
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Traumatic Events
- For Concerned Others
Resources from the A.C. Clark Library
*Note – some resources require your Student ID to access
- Anxiety Disorders E-book , National Institute of Mental Health (2009)
- The Anxiety Cure: An Eight Step Program for Getting Well, Dupont, R.L, Spencer, E.D., and Dupont, C.M (2003)
- Triumph Over Shyness and Social Anxiety, Stein, M. and Walker, J. (2001)
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) National Institute of Mental Health (2008)
The Eating Disorder Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to the Causes, Treatments, and Prevention of Eating Disorders, Costin, C. (1999)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD
Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress: A Psychosocial Perspective on PTSD and Treatment, Joseph, S. Williams, R. & Yule, W. (1997)
- Women and Depression: Discovering Hope, National Institute of Mental Health (2009)
- Men and Depression,National Institute of Mental Health (2005)
- Dealing with Depression: A Commonsense Guide to Mood Disorders , Parker, G. & Straton, D. (2002)
- Dealing with Depression in 12 Step Recovery, Jack. (1990)
- Stories of Hope and Recovery: A Video Guide for Suicide Attempt Survivors, SAMHSA (2012)
Loss of Loved Ones
How to Survive the Loss of a Love, Colgrove, M. Bloomfield, H. & McWilliams, P. (1991)
View a printable list that includes more resources on the shelf at the library!