To the Candidate:
- Direct the person who will complete the Letter of Recommendation to this webpage.
- Letters should be returned directly to the applicant (student).
- After receiving the letter from the writer, verify that it is on official letterhead or has a company logo printed on the letter and that the letter is signed by the writer.
To the Writer:
Please complete the Letter of Recommendation, which will be included in the candidate’s self-managed file. The student will duplicate this file for prospective employers and graduate school personnel. In writing this reference, please evaluate and note such attributes as the following:
Potential of the applicant in his/her chosen field, including such strengths as:
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- General aptitude
- Communication skills
- Personal qualities
Any other qualifications that may be of interest to a prospective employer should also be included.
- Use your firm’s/school’s letterhead.
- Once the letter is completed, print a hard copy and sign.
- The completed recommendation should be returned directly to the student.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Career Services at (218) 755-2038.