To the Candidate
- Direct the person who will complete the Letter of Recommendation to this webpage.
- Letters should be returned directly to the applicant (student).
- After receiving the letter from the writer, verify that it is on official letterhead or has a company logo printed on the letter and that the letter is signed by the writer.
To the Writer
Please complete the Letter of Recommendation, which will be included in the candidate’s self-managed file. The student will duplicate this file for prospective employers and graduate school personnel. In writing this reference, please evaluate and note such attributes as the following:
Potential of the applicant in his/her chosen field, including such strengths as:
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- General aptitude
- Communication skills
- Personal qualities
Any other qualifications that may be of interest to a prospective employer should also be included.
- Use your firm’s/school’s letterhead.
- Once the letter is completed, print a hard copy and sign.
- The completed recommendation should be returned directly to the student.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Career Services at (218) 755-2038.