College Case Management coordinates intervention and support efforts across campus and community service systems to assist students who are experiencing life stressors and barriers that impeded success. The Social Work Care Manager utilizes a solution focused approach to assist students with a wide variety of needs. Focus is concentrated on “what is” and “what can be done.” Whether you know what service you are looking for or just know what struggles you have been experiencing please reach out and the Social Work Care Manager will guide you to appropriate resources.

Before BSU

  • I’m new to the area and need to establish medical or mental health services. What are my options?
  • I need to transfer my medications to a local pharmacy
  • I have questions regarding ________ (transcripts, financial aid, accessibility services etc) can you help me connect to the appropriate person and explain my question?

How Social Work Care Management Can Help You at BSU

  • Community resources
    • How do I find Medical, Mental or Chemical Health providers?
    • I don’t understand this paperwork.
    • I’m moving and need to set up new service providers, how do I find one?
    • Navigating insurance
  • I don’t have insurance what do I do?
    • What services are covered by my insurance? What are my co-pays and deductibles?
    • How do I find an In Network provider?
  • Problem Solving
    • What are my options if XYZ happened?
    • How can I get accessibility items?
    • I know what I need to do but I need help creating an action plan.
  • Advocacy
    • I need non therapy/medical support while going through this

After BSU

Our case manager can help you connect with resources wherever you move to up to 6 months after graduation.

  • I am moving back to my home community or another location in the United States and need to establish medical or mental health providers?
  • I need help finding a job, what resources are available to me?
  • What do I need to know about finding housing? How does a lease work?

Frequently Asked Questions

When you call Student Center for Health and Counseling (218) 755-2053 for an appointment you will be given the first available appointment that works within your schedule. You can also utilize web booking to make an appointment.

If this is your first visit to Student Center for Health and Counseling or it has been more than a year since you were last seen, you will need to read and sign the Privacy Notice, Informed Consent and Telehealth if being seen virtually

Initial appointments generally last 30-45 minutes, and subsequent follow up appointments will vary based in level of assistance needed.