Drugs and Alcohol Resources
- Education on alcohol, nicotine, and other drugs
- Resources about alcohol and drug prevention
- Native American recovery/spirituality
- A site to help families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend.
- A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health
- A site to help assess alcohol consumption patterns to determine how much is too much.
- Help and hope for children of alcoholics and other substance abusers.
- your one-stop resource for comprehensive research-based information on issues related to alcohol abuse and binge drinking among college students.
- Online blood alcohol content calculator
- (The Alcohol eCheckup to Go) is an online alcohol intervention and personalized feedback tool designed to motivate individuals to assess their alcohol consumption by analyzing information about their individual drinking and risk factors.
- Information about alcohol abuse
Tobacco Cessation Resources
Bemidji State is committed to support students and employees who wish to stop using tobacco products. Information on cessation is available for students at the Student Center for Health and Counseling.
Tobacco cessation resources for employees are available through Minnesota’s Tobacco Phone Counseling Programs, your health care provider, or through the Employee Assistance Program.
Additional cessation resources include:
Quit Plan or call 1-888-354-PLAN or 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Quit Partner is Minnesota’s free way to quit nicotine, including smoking, vaping and chewing. We can support your quit with one-on-one coaching and other helpful tools. Whenever you need us, we’re here to help 24/7.
- An independent nonprofit organization that improves the health of all Minnesotans by reducing tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke through research, action and collaboration.
American Lung Association or call 218-726-4721 or 1-800-LUNG-USA
- The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
- Resources to help you quit